Welcome to the DGIM Clinician Corner where we are posting quicklink resources for our clinicians and educators.
Last update: December 15, 2018 (new CME source from SHM)
Click a topic below:
Check back for new additions!
- Aspirin for primary prevention for cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of C difficile infection
- Cervical cancer screening
- Updated guidelines released on antithrombotic therapy for afib
- Dabigatran recommended for for patients with myocardial injury after non-cardiac surgery
- Vaccination to prevent herpes zoster
- Time window for mechanical thrombectomy after acute ischemic stroke
- New acute ischemic stroke guidelines
- Adult immunization schedule 2/2018 (ACIP)
- Comparison of 21 antidepressant drugs
Physical Activity Guidelines (U.S. Health and Human Services)
NIH-NIDDK releases 3rd edition of "Diabetes in America"
- Preventive Care Recommendations (UpToDate)
- Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations (ACP)
- Guidelines and Clinical Documents (ACC)
- Clinical Tools Compendium from the Duke Medical Center Library where your will find evidence based sources, drug information, PubMed and other databases. New! Easy access to resources from off-campus via Duke Medical Center Library.
- Duke Center for Smoking Cessation
- Palliative Care VitalTalk - communication tools for serious illnesses
- CKD management in primary care
- Duke CustomID, for Duke-specific antimicrobial guidance
- Are you a provider in Duke Primary Care? Click here for the DPC intranet repository of special clinical presentations.
- Teaching Observation
- Advanced Strategies for Peer Feedback
- 12 Tips for Peer Observation of Teaching (Z. S. Siddiqui et al.)
- ASCVD Suite - risk calculator
- Clinical Pharmacology - drug resource
- Epocrates - drug & drug Interactions
- GoodRx - drug prices
- Lexicomp - clinical drug information
- MedCalX - medical calculator
- Micromedex - drug info and mechanisms
- UpToDate - mobile version of this medical wikipedia
- Duke Medicine Grand Rounds
- Incorporating MKSAP into your everyday work life & teaching
- CME offered by Duke Primary Care for their members (view in weekly DGIM eNews)
- SYNERGY Population Health Seminar Series
- Other CME programs developed by specialists within the medical center occur throughout the year. Details are available here: Duke Office of Continuing Medical Education.
- CME opportunities beyond Duke:
Stay up to date on all things happening in Duke GIM; subscribe to our weekly eNewsletter.