The Division of Geriatrics mini-fellowships focus on faculty development offering clinician educators a unique opportunity to learn from expert faculty in geriatrics at one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. These one-week programs are topic intensive highlighting current best practices and providing specific opportunities for participants to grow as educators and leaders.
Duke's mini-fellowships are offered with support from the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation through the Faculty Development to Advance Geriatric Education (FD~AGE) program.
Duke offers annual week-long mini-fellowships on a variety of topics:
- Long-Term Care Education
Selected scholars participate in hands-on experiences acquiring knowledge, skills and resources in a manner that will enhance geriatrics education and care at their home institutions. Key features of Duke's mini-fellowships include:
- Education-focused theme-based programs that promote intensive learning, training and curriculum development
- Small class size, usually 5-8 participants per program
- Instruction and individualized mentoring by Duke faculty who have expertise in education, geriatrics and the program's topic area
- Creation of an education program for the participant's home institution
- On-site observation of educational activities delivered at Duke
- Follow-up and mentoring support after the mini-fellowship
- Follow-up education consultations for select scholars presenting an opportunity for Duke faculty to meet with local stakeholders and provide additional mentoring and educational sessions
Duke's mini-fellowships can benefit all physicians involved in clinical education.
- Program directors
- Department and division leaders
- Teaching faculty
- Chief residents
- Post-graduate trainees
For those accepted and eligible, tuition, room and board will be paid through Duke's participation in the Donald W. Reynolds FD~AGE Consortium. Applicants from D.W. Reynolds supported institutions will be responsible for their own tuition, room, and board costs.
To request an application, contact our program coordinator at email@example.com or 919-660-7577.