1) Vaccine Research - safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity, effectiveness.
2) Infectious Disease Epidemiology - otitis media, day care, outbreaks
3) Cost effectiveness of vaccination strategies.
4)Latino health issues, medical Spanish education, cultural sensitivity.
5) Health Care Delivery Systems - contracting, business plans, access to care, management, finances
6) Health Manpower needs in the third world
7) Education - medical school, nursing school, graduate school and undergraduates
8) Director of Undergraduate Studies, Duke Global Health Institute
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1988
- M.D., University of Rochester, 1973