My clinical activities focus upon general, preventive, and acute care cardiology. I round regularly on the inpatient general cardiology and coronary care unit (CCU) services and i have a particular interest in the treatment and management of patients with acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock. In my outpatient clinic, I care for patients with a variety of cardiovascular conditions include chronic coronary artery disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, aortic aneurysms, and peripheral arterial disease. In this setting, I have a particular interest in cardiovascular risk factor modification and long-term treatment strategies to mitigate the risk of future cardiovascular events.
My research activities at the Duke Clinical Research Institute focus upon the coordination and leadership of randomized clinical trials evaluating new therapies for a variety of cardiovascular conditions (acute myocardial infarction, hyperlipidemia, coronary stent placement, peripheral arterial disease, and coronary artery disease) as well as observational registries that evaluate the same disease conditions.
Education and Training
- Cardiology Fellow, Cardiology, Case Western Reserve University, 1996 - 1999
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1993 - 1996
- M.D., Duke University, 1993
- Postdoctoral Training in Cardiovascular Clinical Research
- Evaluating fitness-for-use of Electronic Health Records in Clinical Research
- ODYSSEY Outcomes: Evaluation of Cardiovascular Outcomes After an Acute Coronary Syndrome During Treatment with Alirocumab
- Vesalius Real Registry
- CASCADE Registry