Current research efforts within the Division of Nuclear Medicine in the Department of Radiology include the following:
1. Assessment of myocardial viability prior to myocardial revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease and a low left ventricular ejection fraction by means of a resting N-13 Ammonia myocardial perfusion scan followed by a resting and, subsequently, an exercise F-18 FDG myocardial metabolism scan.
2. Quantitative assessment of absolute coronary artery blood flow at rest and following the infusion of intravenous dipyridamole in patients with non-ischemic cardiomyopathy.
3. Evaluation of left ventricular function, assessed by MUGA studies, before and after therapy with antidepressants in patients with coronary artery disease and recent myocardial infarction.
4. Evaluation of attenuation correction programs in myocardial perfusion SPECT imaging.
Education and Training
- M.D., West Virginia University, 1974