10 faculty from the Department of Medicine have been selected for the School of Medicine's LEADER program.
Leadership Development for Researchers (LEADER) is a 3-part workshop designed for junior faculty who are leading a research group and driving their own research agenda. The course provides insight into leadership and team building as well as direction on how to develop and manage a scientific laboratory or research program, how to improve productivity, and how to harness creativity and innovation.
The program was developed to bridge the gap between the scientific expertise that led individuals to a career in academic medicine, and the management skills that will be required to succeed as the leaders of small business units.
Faculty from the Department of Medicine in the 2020 class include:
- Christina Barkauskas, MD (Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine)
- Jeffrey Clarke, MD (Medical Oncology)
- Jeremy Force, DO (Medical Oncology)
- Richard Lee, MD (Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition)
- David Ming, MD (General Internal Medicine)
- Nia Mitchell, MD, MPH (General Internal Medicine)
- Omar Mohamedaly, MD (Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine)
- Opeyemi Olabisi, MD, PhD (Nephrology)
- Juliessa Pavon, MD (Geriatrics)
- Crystal Tyson, MD (Nephrology)