14 faculty from the Department of Medicine have been selected for the School of Medicine Office for Faculty's 2021 LEADER program.
The Leadership Development for Researchers (LEADER) Program is designed for junior faculty who are leading a research group and driving their own research agenda. The course provides insight into leadership and team building as well as direction on how to develop and manage a scientific laboratory or research program, how to improve productivity, and how to harness creativity and innovation.
The program was developed to bridge the gap between the scientific expertise that led individuals to a career in academic medicine, and the management skills that will be required to succeed as the leaders of small business units. Faculty in this program were competitively selected to participate.
2021 LEADER participants from the Department of Medicine
- Maria Blasi, PhD (Infectious Diseases)
- Amanda Eudy, PhD (Rheumatology and Immunology)
- Marat Fudim, MD (Cardiology)
- Zachary Healy, MD, PhD (Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine)
- Robert McGarrah, MD (Cardiology)
- Lance Okeke, MD, MPH (Infectious Diseases)
- Lindsay Rein, MD (Hematologic Malignancies and Cellular Therapy)
- Jennifer Rogers, MD (Rheumatology and Immunology)
- Matthew Rubach, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- Rebecca Sadun, MD, PhD (Rheumatology and Immunology)
- Joshua Thaden, MD, PhD (Infectious Diseases)
- Gayani Tillekeratne, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- James White, PhD (Hematology)
- Ting Yang, MD, PhD (Nephrology)