The Division of Cardiology recently celebrated the end of the academic year with 21 graduating fellows. In the division's weekly newsletter, Joe Rogers, MD, interim division chief, reported this class published 321 manuscripts and presented 237 abstracts at nearly every major cardiovascular meeting in the world.
Several awards were given to recognize staff, fellows and faculty. The following were recognized with awards:
- Distinguished Service: Arlene Martin, fellowship program coordinator
- Mentorship Award: Svati Shah, MD, MHS
- Bashore Teaching Award: Al Sun, MD
- Floyd Award for Clinical Excellence: Ajar Kochar, MD
- Greenfield Research Award: Ann Marie Navar, MD, PhD