The DCRI Continuing Medical Education group – which provides CME support for the School of Medicine – recently launched a new browser-based learning management system designed to centralize and simplify the logistics and reporting associated with regularly scheduled CME series, such as Medicine Grand Rounds.
Individuals faculty and trainees will also use this system to manage your own learning and CME credits and print your own transcripts and certificates.
Recording your attendance
The new system allows you to record your attendance at Grand Rounds by sending a text message. The unique SMS code needed to do this will be posted at Grand Rounds each week. Please create an account in the new CME system (see instructions below).
The Department of Medicine will continue to offer DukeCard attendance tracking. Present your badge as usual before entering the auditorium. Note you will still need to create an account in the new CME system (see instructions below).
[toggle title_open="Done" title_closed="Create your CME account" hide="yes" border="yes" style="default" excerpt_length="0" read_more_text="Read More" read_less_text="Read Less" include_excerpt_html="no"]Please visit the new Duke CME EthosCE website to create your new account.
- Go to the Duke Continuing Medical Education home page
- In the upper right corner, click Join. The Account Information page opens.
- Complete the fields on the screen. A field with an asterisk is required. IMPORTANT! To use the SMS texting feature, be sure to add your mobile phone number.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Create New Account. The Duke Continuing Medical Education home page reappears. A green feedback message near the top of the screen informs you that a confirmation email has been sent to you.
- Open the email (from support@dlc-solutions) and click the top link in the body of the message. Note: If IE7 is your default browser, consider copying the link from the email and entering it into Chrome or Firefox. The Set Password page opens in your default browser.
- In the lower left corner, click the Log in button. The My Account page appears. (Ensure Edit Login (above My account) is selected.)
- Create a new Password. 8. Enter the same password a second time in the Confirm password field.[/toggle]
Once you have an account, find a list of Medicine Grand Rounds meetings in the new system at continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/medgr.
How to watch Grand Rounds
If you can’t attend a presentation of Medicine Grand Rounds – meets every Friday morning at 8 a.m. in Duke University Hospital room 2002 – you can watch a live stream or view the archived video. Learn more.
At present, watching Grand Rounds (live or after the fact) does not get you CME credit. However, Zubin Eapen, director of education IT innovations for the Department of Medicine, will soon unveil a new video solution.