Research Week begins today at the Durham VA Medical Center. The annual event celebrates research with daily programs and poster presentations by some of the 140 investigators conducting research at the Durham VA - many of whom are also Duke Department of Medicine faculty.
This year's celebration is special because it will feature a presentation by Hayden B. Bosworth, PhD, professor of medicine (General Internal Medicine), and psychiatry, VA's 2013 Under Secretary's Award Winner for Outstanding Achievement in Health Services Research. Dr. Bosworth will receive his award and give a talk about his work at 10:30 a.m. on May 13 in building 16, room 58.
Each day this week a different research unit at the Durham VA will hold a poster presentation with investigators in the hospital lobby:
- May 13 will feature research by the Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center and a young investigators competition and poster session.
- May 14 will feature research by the Center for Health Services Research and Development in Primary Care and the Epidemiologic Research and Information Center from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 15 will feature work by Research and Development from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 16 will feature the Center for Health Services Research and Development in Primary Care and the Epidemiologic Research and Information Center from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- May 17 will feature research by Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center.