The School of Medicine is accepting applications for its 2019 Spring Core Facility Voucher Program, which offers vouchers in amounts ranging from $500 to $10,000 redeemable for provision of services at SOM core facilities/shared resources to enable investigators to access these services for exciting new studies that are not yet externally funded.
All data or resource generating core facilities/shared resources that provide services open to faculty members on a fee-for-service basis are eligible for participation in this program. No more than two facilities can be included in a single proposal. Research Computing may be included as a third facility if utilizing data storage space in conjunction with data collected from another core facility.
Important dates for the 2019 Spring SOM Core Facility Voucher Program
- Submission Open: March 15, 2019
- Submission Close: April 12, 2019
- Voucher Start: July 1, 2019
- Voucher End: June 30, 2020
Vouchers in any category of research will be awarded to faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level with primary appointments in SOM or Campus departments:
- SOM Faculty: SOM faculty will be eligible for awards made from SOM funds.
- Campus Faculty: Faculty outside the SOM will be eligible for awards made from OVPR funds. Proposals with Campus faculty as co-PI with SOM faculty will be eligible for SOM funds.
- All Faculty: Investigators previously awarded a voucher are eligible to apply for and receive a new voucher if the work proposed is significantly and scientifically distinct from previous awards.
Complete applications will include a one-page proposal describing the research question to be investigated, rationale, proposed plan, and justification for amount requested (11 pt font, 0.5” margins), and a brief letter from the core facility director attesting to the availability of the proposed technical service. Applications are limited to one per investigator, and only new applications will be considered. Award funds may be used for services provided by shared resources only – any other expenses required for the proposed project must be supported by other funding sources, and those funding sources should be identified in the application.
SOM utilizes the MyResearchProposal online application software to submit applications. To apply:
- To apply visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name. Enter access code“SOM” and select the “SOM Core Facility Voucher Program Spring 2019” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available - please click on the Applicant instructions.
- For any questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, please contact email@example.com, or call 919-668-4774.
Email any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.