All Duke faculty are invited to submit proposals for Bass Connections project teams by Nov. 6, 2015.
Please see the proposal form on the Bass Connections website for details:https://bassconnections.duke.edu/get-involved/faculty.
A university-wide initiative
- Bass Connections brings together students and faculty to explore real-world issues.
- Project teams are made up of faculty, graduate and professional students, undergraduates and post-docs from across the university.
- Most teams last for one year; some may be shorter or longer.
5 themes for team-based interdisciplinary research
- Brain & Society
- Information, Society & Culture
- Global Health
- Education & Human Development
- Submit your proposal by Nov. 6, 2015.
- Selections will be made by Dec. 18, 2015.
- Projects selected may begin as early as Summer 2016 and must begin in the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Ethical connections: Additional Kenan Institute for Ethics/Bass Connections support is available for projects that address ethical and normative issues.
- Humanities connections: The Franklin Humanities Instituteoffers additional support for projects that feature historical perspectives, diverse language processes and products, or aesthetic dimensions of reflection in the proposed team research projects.
Questions: Please contact Hallie Knuffman, (919) 613-9921.