Bass Connections provides up to $25,000 for team-based projects that engage faculty, undergraduates and graduate/professional students together and integrate disciplinary approaches around societal questions and challenges.
All Duke faculty and graduate students are invited to submit proposals by Nov. 4, 2016. Please see the RFP/proposal application for details.
A University-wide Initiative
- Predicated on collaborative and interdisciplinary inquiry, Bass Connections provides a distinctive new model for education that engages students in the exploration of big, unanswered questions about major societal challenges.
- Project teams are made up of faculty, graduate and professional students, undergraduates and post-docs; many teams also engage community partners or collaborators outside of Duke.
- Most project teams last for one year; some have a summer component.
5 Themes for Interdisciplinary Research
- Brain & Society
- Information, Society & Culture
- Global Health
- Education & Human Development
- Proposals will be accepted through Nov. 4, 2016.
- Selections will be made by Dec. 9, 2016.
- Projects selected may begin as early as Summer 2017 and must begin in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please contact Hallie Knuffman, 919-613-9921. You can also review frequently asked questions.