This two-year fellowship will focus on academic development and scholarly work aimed at preparing the fellow for a future position as a leader in academic hospital medicine.
- The fellow will enroll in the two-year Duke Clinical Research Training Program (CRTP) and obtain a Master of Health Sciences in Clinical Research awarded by the School of Medicine at Duke University.
- This training program will be supplemented with relevant courses and instruction in quality and safety, clinical education, and leadership.
- Throughout the two-year fellowship, project work relevant to hospital medicine will be performed in the areas of quality and safety, as well as education.
- The fellow is expected to produce scholarly work based on areas of interest during the time in this program.
- Additionally, the fellow will spend 40% of the time in a clinical setting working as a hospitalist, as well as with Duke medical students and residents.
Dr. Gallagher is recruiting now, and the first fellow is expected to start July 1 2016.
Download the attached information sheet.