Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
All Duke School of Medicine faculty and staff engaged in research (i.e., they Design, Conduct, or Report on research projects) are required to complete Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training no later than June 30, 2018. This includes anyone who is recorded as:
- Key Personnel on an active or pending project in SPS
- Key Personnel on an active or pending IRB protocol
- Key Personnel on an active or pending IACUC protocol
- Compensated from a fund code with a Research Attribute in SAP
- Room Occupant in space (wet or dry) that is coded with a “research” function in WebCentral
In the coming weeks, please be on the lookout for an email from Dr. L. Ebony Boulware for information on how to complete and send documentation of your training.
Scientific Culture and Accountability Plan (SCAP)
An additional requirement of the RCR Training Program is all Departments/Centers/Institutes must have a Scientific Culture and Accountability Plan (SCAP) that is available on their website and actively disseminated to all personnel. The Department of Medicine (DOM) SCAP has the revised plan listed here.
The DGIM SCAP, as well as a link to the DOM SCAP, are posted on our GIM Resources Portal. We will be incorporating review and acknowledgement of the SCAP into our hiring process, annual updates and performance reviews for all GIM faculty and personnel who are or will be involved in IRB protocols.
Stay tuned for more information!