Registration is now open for two grant writing programs, preparing investigators for an February 2018 NIH deadline. Applications are due Friday, Sept. 29.
Our next session prepares new investigators for an February 2018 NIH Submission Deadline (or January 2018 deadline for HIV-Related applications). Course details can be found on School of Medicine Office for Research Mentoring’s website.
For help with resubmissions or non-NIH grants, contact our office for resources. Please note, class size is limited. Priority will be given to SOM faculty members, or fellows/postdocs who have previously observed one cycle of the program.
- Draft specific aims page scientifically vetted by your mentor and/or departmental colleagues
- Draft abstract
- Initialed and signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Click here for an application guide and MOU’s
General Writing Timeline, Program Period October 16, 2017-February 5, 2018
- Application closes on September 29th
- Participants notified on application status by October 6th
- Specific Aims Workshops in mid-October
- Significance & Innovation Workshops in early-November
- Full grant application due for Internal Review on December 4th
Which program should I apply for?
- Working on an NIH RPG (R01, R21, R03)? Apply for the Path to Independence Program.
- Working on a Career Development Award? Apply for the K Club.
Applications that are submitted after September 29 will not be considered. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.