Don't forget: New faculty are invited to this year's School of Medicine New Faculty Orientation on Thursday, Sept. 19 in the Great Hall of the Trent Semans Center. Plan on attending if you've joined the faculty in the past several years and haven't attended one yet. Orientation is a good way to network with your colleagues, meet some leaders in the school, and learn about resources for navigating your career at Duke.
New Faculty Orientation
- Clinical Science Departments, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Sept. 19
- Basic Science Departments, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Sept. 19
Sessions will include:
- Introduction to School of Medicine structure and key policies
- History of Duke Health
- Presentation and discussion on Dukes Professionalism Policy’s
- Appointments, Promotion and Tenure presentation and panel discussion for those in clinical departments (1 p.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Tailored afternoon break out for those in basic science departments including information on Appointments Promotion and Tenure, navigating research resources, and managing a lab (1-5 p.m.)
Questions? Contact email@example.com.