The School of Medicine Office for Faculty is pleased to announce the next cycle of the School of Medicine Academic New Faculty Orientation (NFO) series. While this series of seminars specifically targets faculty hired in the past three years, all are welcome and many of the topics addressed are applicable to faculty regardless of career stage. Faculty may register for specific sessions and are not obligated to attend all sessions.
What topics are addressed?
- Welcome and Institutional Overview - April 13, 2021, 4-5 p.m.
- Appointments, Promotion, and Tenure in the Clinical Sciences - April 29, 2021, 9-11 a.m.
- Appointments, Promotion, and Tenure in the Basic Sciences – April 27, 2021, 9-10 a.m.
- The History of Duke in Durham and Health Disparities - May 12, 2021, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Funds Flow in the School of Medicine - June 10, 2021, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Professionalism and Bystander Interventions – July 22, 2021, 10 a.m.-noon
- Faculty Development Resources - Aug. 16, 2021, noon-1 p.m.
- Navigating the Research Mission (basic science focus) - Sept. 23, 2021, 9 a.m.-noon
- Navigating the Research Mission (clinical/data science focus) - Sept. 21, 2021, 2:30-5 p.m.
Registration and further details. If you have previously registered but would like to add or change dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does this relate to other orientation activities? These sessions complement existing PDC and departmental onboarding efforts. Faculty with clinical appointments should continue to work with their PDC Integration Coordinator on clinical onboarding activities. Faculty conducting research should also connect with the Duke Office of Research Initiatives to schedule a 1:1 researcher onboarding session.
Where: The sessions will be held via Zoom until further notice. After registering, you will receive a calendar invite with the Zoom link at least 48 hours prior to the session.
Who should I contact with questions? Questions can be sent to Kyle Nunn in the School of Medicine Office for Faculty at email@example.com.