Duke Science and Society’s new SciComm Fellows program is offering Duke faculty the chance to develop communication skills and put those skills into action. Training sessions will include academic specialists in science communication, professional science storytellers, policy experts, and hands-on spoken and written communication exercises. The application deadline is July 15.
On four Fridays this fall, Fellows will:
- Explore the empirical benefits of communicating science
- Develop speaking, writing, and storytelling practices for diverse audiences
- Learn to answer difficult, controversial, and critical questions from the media
- Tweet, blog, write op-eds and present their research to the public
- Prepare policy briefs
- Engage with policymakers and funders in Washington D.C.
All regular-rank faculty members are eligible, but admission is competitive. For more information, click here.