Applications are now open for the School of Medicine's 2017 course on Leadership Development for Researchers (LEADER).
This 3-day interactive learning program, held April 18-20, 2017, is designed to equip early career faculty with the professional competencies to effectively lead successful scientific research enterprises. Applications are available now. Course goals include:
- Develop skills to lead effective and successful scientific laboratories or research programs
- Promote collaboration with peers, senior investigators, and research staff
- Foster innovation and teamwork
- Discover and develop leadership skills to increase personal and team productivity
- Learn to manage conflict with confidence
Applications are open to all junior faculty and are due Dec. 5. The most competitive applicants will be those who are leading a research team and have clearly identified research as the principal focus of their career. Applications from both basic and clinical sciences are encouraged. Accepted applicants will be required to attend the full three days. Tuition for participants whose primary faculty appointment is in a School of Medicine department will be covered by the Dean. A letter of support from each applicant's department chair or supervisor is a required part of the application.