The School of Medicine is accepting nominations for its Research Staff Appreciation Awards, which recognize staff members who provide exemplary support in the conduct of basic, clinical and translational research projects.
Nominations for these awards can be submitted online at the link below. An application can be submitted by any School of Medicine faculty or staff member. The application requires endorsement from the respective chair or director of the staff member. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
To submit nominations for the 2017 SOM Research Staff Awards:
- To apply visit MyResearchProposal and click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account.)
- Enter Access Code ‘SOM’ then select the “2017 SOM Research Staff Awards” opportunity and follow the instructions.
Applications are due Oct. 19, 2017, and winners will be announced in November. Three awards will be presented. Each winner will receive a certificate and $500.00.
School of Medicine Research Staff Awards
To be eligible for an award, an individual must meet all of the following criteria::
- Research Assistants, Research Specialists, Clinical Research Coordinators, or any staff member employed by the School of Medicine, who provides exemplary support in the conduct of research. Not Eligible: Faculty or staff members who have primary investigator status; research fellows, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students; administrative professionals.
- Current role provides technical expertise to support translational, clinical or basic science research in a manner which underpins the effective and efficient promotion of the research mission in the School of Medicine
- At least 5 years of continuous service in a research role in the School of Medicine
- Demonstrated record of excellent performance