Duke Health has announced a new class of the Duke Clinical Leadership Program (DCLP), including eight faculty from the Department of Medicine. The 26 clinicians in the 2018 class will join the ranks of the 169 fellows who completed the DCLP program during its first seven years.
The Duke Clinical Leadership Program is the Chancellor’s leadership program for mid-career clinical faculty who are recognized by their peers as having the potential to assume larger roles and additional responsibilities. The program provides learning opportunities for faculty to facilitate career growth. Seven classes of fellows have graduated thus far, and many fellows have gone on to assume leadership positions across Duke Health.
2018 Fellows from Medicine
- Mashael Al-Hegelan, MD, (Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine)
- Blake Cameron, MD, MBI (Nephrology)
- Schuyler Jones, MD (Cardiology)
- Rob Keenan, MD (Rheumatology and Immunology)
- Nilesh Patel, MD, MS (General Internal Medicine)
- Jon Piccini, MD, PhD (Cardiology)
- Poonam Sharma, MD (General Internal Medicine)
- Matthew Sparks, MD (Nephrology)