The annual Fellows Research Retreat is designed to help prepare fellows considering a research career and to support those already engaged in research.
The Department encourages and expects attendance by all fellows who are: 1) currently engaged in research; or 2) plan to engage in research during fellowship (even if you are undecided about a research career). Attendees will learn about Departmental resources, career development and funding opportunities, and expectations for research.
Fellows Research Retreat 2021
The fourth annual Fellows Research Retreat will take place Tues., Jan. 12, 2021 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Zoom.
RSVP to attend the 2021 virtual event. The deadline to RSVP is Thurs., Dec. 31 at 5 p.m. Zoom details will be sent to those who RSVP.
This year's retreat will provide an opportunity for DOM fellows to connect to important departmental resources and key faculty members available to support your developing research and research career.
Fellows will hear from Department leaders and connect with research colleagues. Kathleen Cooney, MD, MACP, Chair of Medicine, and Scott Palmer, MD, MHS, Vice Chair for Research, will provide introductory comments.
Speakers and topics will include:
- Laurie Snyder, MD, MHS, and Gow Arepally, MD (Research Integrity)
- Armando Bedoya, MD (Data Sciences at Duke and in DOM)
- Maren Olsen, PhD (Statistical Support at Duke and in DOM)
- Laura Svetkey, MD, MHS (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Research)
The majority of the retreat will be devoted to clinical research and basic/translational research; specific breakout sessions focusing on:
- Critical milestones and targets for fellow-level researchers
- Career development resources at Duke
- Funding opportunities for Duke fellows
Questions? Reach out to Saini Pillai (Program Coordinator)