I am a clinical investigator in the Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Cellular Therapy in the Department of Medicine. I serve as Director of the Leukemia Program and Director of Phase I Development in Hematologic Malignancies. I am also the Chair of the SWOG Leukemia Committee. I am interested in the clinical development of novel therapies for acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasms (such as chronic myeloid leukemia, polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia and myelofibrosis), and acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Specifically, I have been the Principal Investigator for small molecular inhibitors, antibody-drug conjugates and cytotoxic chemotherapy.
Education and Training
- Research Fellowship in Medicine, Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 1991 - 1993
- Research/Clinical Fellowship in Medicine, Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1991 - 1992
- Clinical Fellow in Medicine, Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 1988 - 1991
- Residency Physician, Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1988 - 1990
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1988
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 1988