1. Lung cancer/new treatment approaches.
2. Clinical trials of hematopoietic growth factors, biological agents and targeted drug development.
3. Cancer in the elderly and supportive care
1. Lead Investigator of the U. S. multicenter, randomized trial of Filgrastim (G-CSF, Neupogen) to reduce the morbidity of chemotherapy-related neutropenia, leading to FDA approval 2/91.
2. Lead Investigator of the U. S. multicenter, randomized trial of Vinorelbine (Navelbine) in treatment of patients with advanced non small cell carcinoma of lung (NSCLC), leading to FDA approval 12/94.
3. Principal Investigator in initial phase I clinical trials of stem cell factor (SCF), megakaryocyte growth and development factor (MGDF), pegylated granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor and other novel hematopoietic growth factors.
Education and Training
- M.D., Ohio State University, 1974
- Phase II anetumab ravtansine as 2nd line treatment for malignant pleural mesothelioma
- A phase II, Open-label, single-arm study to assess the safety and efficacy of AZD9291 in patients with locally advanced/
- NCI National Clinical Trials Network U10 (Year 5)
- Identification of Genetic Determinates for Disparities in African American Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer