1. Lung cancer/new treatment approaches.
2. Clinical trials of hematopoietic growth factors, biological agents and targeted drug development.
3. Cancer in the elderly and supportive care
1. Lead Investigator of the U. S. multicenter, randomized trial of Filgrastim (G-CSF, Neupogen) to reduce the morbidity of chemotherapy-related neutropenia, leading to FDA approval 2/91.
2. Lead Investigator of the U. S. multicenter, randomized trial of Vinorelbine (Navelbine) in treatment of patients with advanced non small cell carcinoma of lung (NSCLC), leading to FDA approval 12/94.
3. Principal Investigator in initial phase I clinical trials of stem cell factor (SCF), megakaryocyte growth and development factor (MGDF), pegylated granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor and other novel hematopoietic growth factors.
Education and Training
- M.D., Ohio State University, 1974
- A PHASE III PROSPECTIVE DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED RANDOMIZED STUDY OF ADJUVANT MEDI4736 IN COMPLETELY RESECTED NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER
- A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study to Determine the Efficacy of Adjuvant Durvalumab in Combination with Platinum-based Chemotherapy in Completely Resected Stage II-III NSCLC (MeRmaiD-1)
- A Phase 1b, 12-Week, Open-Label Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Following Repeated Subcutaneous Administrations of PF-06946860 In Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Cachexia
- NCI National Clinical Trials Network (UG1)
- A Phase III, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multi-center International Study of Durvalumab plus Chemotherapy Prior to Surgery Followed by Durvalumab Post-surgery Versus Placebo plus Chemotherapy Prior to Surgery Followed by Placebo Post surgery
- PHASE 3, RANDOMIZED, DOUBLE-BLIND, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED, MULTICENTER STUDY TO EVALUATE THE EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF ANAMORELIN HCL
- A phase II, Open-label, single-arm study to assess the safety and efficacy of AZD9291 in patients with locally advanced/mteastatic non-small cell lung cancer whose disease has progressed with previous epidermal growth factor receptor