Matt Maciejewski, PhD is a Professor in the Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine. He is also a Research Career Scientist and Director of the Health Economics and Policy Unit in the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care at the Durham VA Medical Center. Matt also holds Adjunct Professor appointments in the Schools of Public Health and Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
He has research interests in four areas:
1) evaluation of surgical and behavioral interventions for the management of obesity and cardiometabolic conditions
2) evaluation of cost-sharing changes on demand for medications and health services
3) analysis of health care utilization and expenditures in experimental and quasi-experimental studies
4) methods for addressing unobserved confounding in observational studies.
Matt has received funding from VA HSR&D, CMS, AHRQ, and the RWJ Foundation. He has published over 100 papers in peer-reviewed journals such as JAMA, Archives of Internal Medicine, Archives of Surgery, Health Economics, Medical Care, Health Services Research, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology and Diabetes Care.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1998