Murali Doraiswamy is a doctor and translational scientist at Duke University where he directs a clinical trials unit developing novel technologies and treatments for enhancing brain health. He has served as an advisor to leading businesses, government agencies and patient advocacy groups.
Murali has been a health advisor for Men's Health magazine and AARP Magazine, and is a co-author of a popular book, The Alzheimer's Action Plan. His research has been featured in media outlets such as The New York Times, Oprah, Dr Oz Show, CBS Morning, Discovery, BBC, USA Today, NPR, and BBC.
Dr. Doraiswamy is a member of the World Economic Forum's Global Future Councils.
Education and Training
- M.B.B.S., University of Madras (India), 1987
- Metabolomic Signatures for Disease Sub-classification and Target Prioritization in AMP-AD
- Gut Liver Brain Biochemical Axis in Alzheimer's Disease
- Metabolic Networks and Pathways Predictive of Sex Differences in AD Risk and Responsiveness to Treatment
- Predicting prebiotic effects on human microbiota, behavior, and cognition.
- Does rifaximin improve cognition in patients with Alzheimer's disease?" using Manufacturer's drug XIFAXAN
- Metabolic Signatures Underlying Vascular Risk Factors for Alzheimer-type Dementias
- Metabolic Network Analysis of Biochemical Trajectories in Alzheimer's Disease
- Correspondence Between 18F-AV-1451 PET Imaging and Post-Mortem Assessment of Tau Pathology
- Phase 3 Clinical Trial for Agitation in Alzheimer's 15-AVP-786-301
- Phase 3 Clinical Trial for Agitation in Alzheimer's 15-AVP-786-303
- High Resolution Intracortical DTI for Early Detection of Alzheimer¿s Disease
- Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in Veterans Using Imaging and Biomarkers in the AD Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) (DoD)
- Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in Veterans with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MC) using the Alzheimer's disease neuroimaging initiative
- DoD-ADNI Tau
- Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative 3 (ADNI3)