Welcome to the Duke Geriatrics Fellowship Program!
Our Geriatric Fellowship Program trains physicians to become national leaders in research and education in geriatrics and gerontology. We offer a rich opportunity to advance your knowledge and skills, within a world-class academic medical center. We invite you explore our website to learn more about what makes our program truly unique!
The benefits of a geriatrics fellowship at Duke include:
- Education: Our program balances bedside and didactic experiences to help you develop into a top-notch geriatrician.
- Faculty: The Duke Geriatrics Fellowship Program features 32 nationally and internationally known faculty members who routinely provide teaching and mentoring for fellows.
- Facilities: At Duke, you'll experience a variety of settings that few other fellowship programs can offer. Fellows provide care at world-class facilities at Duke Hospital, the Duke Clinics, and the Durham VA Medical Center and rotate through a variety of community settings, including a PACE program, local nursing homes, a community hospital, a local senior center, and home visits.
- Reputation: Routinely ranked among the top academic geriatrics programs by U.S.News & World Report, a fellowship at Duke provides you connections and credibility for the rest of your career.
- Relationships: You'll work closely with other fellows, housestaff, advance practice providers, faculty and staff in clinical, educational, and research settings. Beyond work, the program offers opportunities to relax with fellows and families through events held year-round.
- Career: Advanced training tracks in clinical education, research, and leadership allows fellows to accrue knowledge and experience in their area of interest and take critical steps toward building a competitive portfolio, including presentations and publications. Each fellow receives one-on-one mentoring for career development.
- Commitment: Duke Geriatrics strives for excellence across the spectrum of medical care, from its emphasis on research and education to the care of individual patients and their families. With over 30 years of experience and 120 graduates, we are committed to helping you succeed.