Start Year: 2020
Where is your hometown?
Where did you attend:
College/University: Davidson College
Medical School: Duke University School of Medicine
Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
List your Medical and Non-Medical Honors and Awards:
- 2019 Resident Research Award, MGH Internal Medicine Residency
- 2019 Presidential Poster of Distinction, AASLD Liver Meeting
- 2017 American Society of Transplantation Resident/Student American Transplant Congress Travel Award
- 2017 Academic Award, Duke University School of Medicine
- 2016 Presidential Poster of Distinction, AASLD Liver Meeting
- 2016 Alpha Omega Alpha, Duke University School of Medicine
- 2013 Phi Beta Kappa, Davidson College
- 2012 Daniel Blain Woods Memorial Award, Davidson College
Tell us briefly about your background before embarking on your medical training:
I grew up in Georgia as part of large family with 4 siblings (as well as 4 dogs). I was interested in science and medicine from an early age and majored in Biology in college before attending medical school.
Please outline your career plans in gastroenterology (If you know it at this point in your training):
I am interested in an academic career in hepatology.
What were you looking for in a fellowship program?
I wanted a program that would provide strong mentorship and support for my career goals in research as well as strong clinical training and great co-fellows.
From your experience in fellowship, what have you learned about training at Duke?
It’s only been a couple of months, but it has been amazing so far! Everyone has been so welcoming and supportive. There is a great sense of community in the division and comradery among the fellows.
How is your life in the Triangle area outside of work?
The Triangle is an amazing place to live. I lived in Durham prior to moving to Boston for residency, and while I loved my time there, you can’t beat the quality (or cost) of living here. There are so many great restaurants, breweries, outdoor activities, etc., and nothing is more than a 15min drive away.
What is your favorite restaurant in Durham?
I have too many still to try to pick one!
Tell us about you interests and hobbies outside of medicine?
Georgia football and SEC football in general
Professional social media sites: