Dr. Feng Gao is Professor of Medicine at Duke University. The Gao laboratory has a long-standing interest in elucidating the origins and evolution of human and simian inmmunodeficiency viruses (HIV and SIV), and in studying HIV/SIV gene function and pathogenic mechanisms from the evolutionary perspective. These studies have led to new strategies to better understand HIV origins, biology, pathogenesis and drug resistance, and to design new AIDS vaccines.
Education and Training
- M.D., Harbin Medical University (China), 1984
- Nonhuman Primate Core Virology Laboratory for AIDS Vaccine Research and Development - Base
- EQAPOL - Years 2017 to 2024 - BASE
- Dissection of polyreactivity and neutralization activity of HIV-1 Abs (R01)
- Eqapol Opt 3 -2020-2021
- Nonhuman Primate Core Virology Laboratory for AIDS Vaccine Research and Development - Option 15