Manesh Patel is the Chief of the Division of Cardiology and the Division of Clinical Pharmacology. His clinical interests include diagnostic and interventional coronary angiography, peripheral angiography and endovascular intervention. His is involved in several clinical trials involving patients with cardiovascular disease and in cardiac imaging. He is also the Chair of the American College of Cardiology Task Force for Appropriate Use Criteria for Cardiovascular Procedures and is Chair of the American Heart Association Diagnostic and Interventional Cath Committee.
Patel's interest in cardiac imaging, quality of care, cardiac devices is also evident in his research. His integration of these efforts into his roles at Duke was recognized in 2010 when he received the prestigious Duke Cardiology Fellowship Mentor Award. In 2011, Dr. Patel was named the endowed John Bush Simpson Assistant Professor of Cardiology. In 2013, Dr. Patel received the Robert M. Califf Faculty clinical research Award.
Currently, Dr. Patel is leading an effort to redesign the delivery of care to patients undergoing invasive catheterization procedures in the health system with a specific aim of measure and providing individualized, patient centered, innovative, and efficient care.
Education and Training
- Fellow in Cardiology, Medicine, Duke University, 2002 - 2006
- Fellow in Cardiology, Medicine, Duke University, 2000 - 2001
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- M.D., Emory University, 1997
- Congestion Phenotypes and Splanchnic Nerve Modulation in Chronic Heart Failure
- Radiographic imaging Validation and EvALuation for Angio iFR (ReVEAL iFR)
- THE MARIO FAMILY FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- ID-076A301; SOS-AMI; Multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous self-administration of selatogrel for preventi
- Postdoctoral Training in Cardiovascular Clinical Research
- AEGIS II
- SPYRAL OFF MEDS
- SPYRAL-HTN-ON MED
- Inflammatory and Metabolic Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Complications with SARS-CoV-2
- Identifying Cardiac Decompensation/Shock: Early Diagnosis and Improving In-Hospital Outcomes
- BEST-VIVA Registry (vCLI)
- Is Heart Failure with Preserved Edection Fraction the Symptomatic Manifestation of Liver Disease
- an Innovation and Learning Network to Facilitate Safe, Effective, and Responsible Diffusion of AI Software (AIS) Applied to Health Care Delivery Settings
- Analytical tools and documentation frameworks for health AI software audits, evaluations, and monitoring
- AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Consortium to Advance Health Equity and Researcher Diversity: Data/Research Core
- Protocol #s 19765, 19766, and 20603: ACS and Afib Trials