We are studying the use of immune therapies to treat various cancers, including gastrointestinal, breast, and lung cancers and melanoma. These therapies include vaccines based on dendritic cells developed in our laboratory as well as vaccines based on peptides, viral vectors, and DNA plasmids. Our group is also a national leader in the development and use of laboratory assays for demonstrating immunologic responses to cancer vaccines. Finally, we are developing immunotherapies based on adoptive transfer of tumor and viral antigen-specific T cells.
Our current clinical trials include phase I and II studies of immunotherapy for: patients with metastatic malignancies expressing CEA, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer, and leukemias following HSCT. My clinical area of expertise is in gastrointestinal oncology, in particular, the treatment of hepatic malignancies, and malignant melanoma.
Key words: dendritic cells, immunotherapy, vaccines, T cells, gastrointestinal oncology, melanoma, hepatoma
Education and Training
- Fellow in Hematology-Oncology, Medicine, Duke University, 1993 - 1996
- Medical Resident, Medicine, University of Washington, 1990 - 1993
- M.D., Yale University, 1990
- Eisai H3B-6527-G000-101 - 1012
- Treetop Aslan
- Merck -VRP-HER2 vaccination
- A Phase I dose escalation and cohort expansion study of ERY974
- Developing a HER3 Vaccine to Prevent Resistance to Endocrine Therapy
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Phase Ib/II Study of Pembrolizumab with Lanreotide Depot (Planet)-Merck
- A Phase I study of Niclosamide in patients with resectable colon cancer.
- Oncogenic Signaling Networks
- Characterization of Tumor Immunobiological Factors that Promote Lymphovascular Invasion and Dissemination in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer
- A phase I/2 open label study of Nivolumab manotherapy or Nivolmab combined with ipilmujab in subjects with advanced or m
- A multicenter rendomized open label phase 3 trial to compare the efficacy and safety of Lenvatinib versus Sorafenib in f
- A pilot study of active immunotherapy with CEA (6D) VRP vaccine (AVX701) in patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Phase Ib/II Study of Pembrolizumab with Lanreotide Depot (Planet) Ipsen Study Drug
- A Phase 1/2 open label study of Nivolumab monotherapy or Nivolumab combined with Ipilimumab in subjects with advanced or