We are studying the use of immune therapies to treat various cancers, including gastrointestinal, breast, and lung cancers and melanoma. These therapies include vaccines based on dendritic cells developed in our laboratory as well as vaccines based on peptides, viral vectors, and DNA plasmids. Our group is also a national leader in the development and use of laboratory assays for demonstrating immunologic responses to cancer vaccines. Finally, we are developing immunotherapies based on adoptive transfer of tumor and viral antigen-specific T cells.
Our current clinical trials include phase I and II studies of immunotherapy for: patients with metastatic malignancies expressing CEA, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer, and leukemias following HSCT. My clinical area of expertise is in gastrointestinal oncology, in particular, the treatment of hepatic malignancies, and malignant melanoma.
Key words: dendritic cells, immunotherapy, vaccines, T cells, gastrointestinal oncology, melanoma, hepatoma
Education and Training
- Fellow In Hematology Oncology, Medicine, Duke University, 1993 - 1996
- Medical Resident, Medicine, University of Washington, 1990 - 1993
- M.D., Yale University, 1990
- Treetop Aslan
- A Phase I dose escalation and cohort expansion study of ERY974
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- A Phase III study of pemborlizumab (MK-3475) vs chemotherapy in microstatilitte instablility - High (MSI-H) or mismatch repair deficienct (dMMR) stage IV colorectal
- Phase Ib/II Study of Pembrolizumab with Lanreotide Depot (Planet)-Merck
- A Study of fafety tolerabolity and clinical activitiy of MEDI4736 and Tremelimumab administered as monotherapy and in combination to subjects with unresectable heptocellular carcinoma
- A Phase I study of Niclosamide in patients with resectable colon cancer.
- Characterization of Tumor Immunobiological Factors that Promote Lymphovascular Invasion and Dissemination in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer
- A pilot study of active immunotherapy with CEA (6D) VRP vaccine (AVX701) in patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Phase Ib/II Study of Pembrolizumab with Lanreotide Depot (Planet) Ipsen Study Drug
- A Phase 1/2 open label study of Nivolumab monotherapy or Nivolumab combined with Ipilimumab in subjects with advanced or
- A phase 2B randomized controlled multicenter open-label study of the efficacy and immune responsoe of GVAX pancreas vacc
- An Open label single arm phase I study of the pahramcokinetics and safety of Carfilzomib in subjects with advanced malig
- Oncogenic Signaling Networks
- Developing a HER3 Vaccine to Prevent Resistance to Endocrine Therapy
- Targeting the WNT/beta-catenin Pathway in Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- A phase I/2 open label study of Nivolumab manotherapy or Nivolmab combined with ipilmujab in subjects with advanced or m
- Long term follow up of subject who participated in aduro sponsored protocols