-Germline and somatic genetic changes in breast cancer.
-Identification and management of individuals and families with hereditary cancer risk.
-Communication of cancer risk information to individuals and families.
-Breast cancer prevention.
-Optimizing management of early breast cancer.
-Treatment of metastatic breast cancer
Clinically, Dr. Marcom works as a medical oncologist in the multidisciplinary breast cancer clinic. He participates in clinical trials investigating new chemotherapeutic and biologic treatments.
Education and Training
- Fellow in Hematology-Oncology, Medicine, Duke University, 1992 - 1995
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1989 - 1992
- M.D., Baylor University, 1989
- TBCRC 041 Randomized Phase II Trial to Evaluate Alisertib Alone or Combined with Fulvestrant in Women with Advanced, Hormone-Receptor Positive (HR+) Breast Cancer
- Kastan Gray Foundation Project
- TBCRC48 A Phase 2 Study of Olaparib Monotherapy in Metastatic Breast Cancer Patients with Germline or Somatic Mutations in DNA Repair Genes "Olaparib Expanded"
- Targeting tumor-specific apoptosis regulation in advanced ER+ breast cancer
- A randomized phase II study of adjuvant Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) vs Paclitaxel in combination with Trastuzumab for stage I HER2-positive breast cancer (ATEMPT Trial)
- A RANDOMIZED, MULTICENTER, OPEN-LABEL, PHASE III TRIAL COMPARING TRASTUZUMAB PLUS PERTUZUMAB PLUS A TAXANE FOLLOWING ANTHRACYCLINES VERSUS TRASTUZUMAB EMTANSINE PLUS PERTUZUMAB FOLLOWING ANTHRACYCLINES AS ADJUVANT THERAPY IN PATIENTS
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium 2020 Infrastructure (BCRF)
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium 2020 Infrastructure - SGK
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium 2019 Infrastructure (BCRF)
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium 2019 Infrastructure - SGK
- Deep learning for prognostication in breast cancer
- Postdoctoral Training in Genomic Medicine Research