Dr. Advani is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Duke University School of Medicine and serves as the Associate Medical Director with the Duke Infection Control Outreach Network (DICON). In her role, she assists member hospitals in further development and strengthening of their existing infection prevention programs. She also participates as a physician investigator in the research activities of the Duke Center for Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Prevention. Prior to joining Duke, Dr. Advani served as the Associate Medical Director for the Yale-New Haven Hospital Epidemiology program. Her main research interests include prevention of catheter-related harm, application of diagnostic stewardship interventions and improving metrics to better align with outcomes. She currently serves on the SHEA Guidelines Committee, IDWeek Mentorship Committee, IDSA Antimicrobial Stewardship Workgroup and was recently appointed as the Chair of SHEA Journal Club 2020.
Education and Training
- Co-chief Fellow, Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2016 - 2017
- Infectious Diseases Fellowship, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2015 - 2017
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2012 - 2015
- Research Fellow, Infectious Diseases & Hospital Epidemiolgy, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2010 - 2012
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2011
- M.B.B.S., Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College (India), 2008