My research interests focus on issues affecting the translation of genomics to clinical practice. Specifically, I have a strong interest in education, with each of my research projects involving some component of professional, public or patient education, including development of educational materials about genomic research in general, pharmacogenetic testing, and communicating genetic test results, in addition to undergraduate teaching in genetics/genomics, ethics, and policy.
Areas of expertise: Bioethics and Health Behavior
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of Maryland - Baltimore, 1999
- Building and Deploying a Genomic-Medicine Risk Assessment Model for Diverse Primary Care Populations.
- Summer Scholars Program in Genome Sciences and Medicine
- Postdoctoral Training in Genomic Medicine Research
- IRES Track 1 IRTG Engaged in Dissecting and Reengineering the Regulatory Genome
- Pharmacogenetic Testing: Challenges of Clinical Integration