Start Year: 2019
Where is your hometown?
Education and Training
College/University: Stanford University
Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine
Residency: Brigham and Women’s Hospital
GI Fellowship: Duke
Honors and Awards
- 2020/2021 Rodger Liddle Award for Service, Durham VA Medical Center
- 2018/2019 Chief Medicine Resident, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2016 Arnold Dunn Award, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2015 Tulane 34 Award, Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2015 Sam Hobson, MD Award, Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2015 American Medical Women's Association Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Citation, Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2015 Isadore Dyer Memorial Prize, Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2013 Alpha Omega Alpha, Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2012 Goldie Mintz Award, Tulane University School of Medicine
Tell us briefly about your background before embarking on your medical training:
I played competitive soccer and that took up all my time, but I absolutely loved it!
Please outline your career plans in gastroenterology (If you know it at this point in your training):
I plan to pursue a career in Transplant Hepatology.
What were you looking for in a fellowship program?
When I was looking for a fellowship program, the two most important factors for me were exceptional clinical training and the culture of the GI community.
What advice might you offer residents looking at fellowship programs?
It is okay to not know exactly what you want to do within GI yet. As a resident, there are many aspects of the field that you have yet to be exposed to during your training.
From your experience in fellowship, what have you learned about training at Duke?
The GI community at Duke is incredible. I have had such a good experience with all the attendings I have worked with and there is such a sense of camaraderie amongst the fellows.
How is your life in the Triangle area outside of work?
We absolutely love this area! We love the warm weather, the large amounts of trails and outdoor activities (I am learning how to play golf!), and the delicious restaurants. We have yet to explore the mountains or the beach but hopefully we will over the next year!
What is your favorite restaurant in Durham?
Please tell us about some of your hobbies and interests outside of work:
Running and exploring new trails with my husband and 2 dogs!