Current research focuses on the epidemiology, prediction, and prevention of osteoporotic fractures in elderly persons, and in improving the quality of care delivered to residents in skilled nursing facilities. Ongoing projects include a large, administrative database study of osteoporosis screening in men, a randomized trial of different staff education strategies to improve fall prevention in nursing homes, and several clinical demonstration projects.
Education and Training
- Fellow In Geriatrics, Medicine, Duke University, 1999 - 2000
- Chief Resident In Medicine, Medicine, Duke University, 1998 - 1999
- Fellow In Geriatrics, Medicine, Duke University, 1997 - 1998
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1994 - 1997
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1994