Manesh Patel is the Chief of the Division of Cardiology and the Division of Clinical Pharmacology. His clinical interests include diagnostic and interventional coronary angiography, peripheral angiography and endovascular intervention. His is involved in several clinical trials involving patients with cardiovascular disease and in cardiac imaging. He is also the Chair of the American College of Cardiology Task Force for Appropriate Use Criteria for Cardiovascular Procedures and is Chair of the American Heart Association Diagnostic and Interventional Cath Committee.
Patel's interest in cardiac imaging, quality of care, cardiac devices is also evident in his research. His integration of these efforts into his roles at Duke was recognized in 2010 when he received the prestigious Duke Cardiology Fellowship Mentor Award. In 2011, Dr. Patel was named the endowed John Bush Simpson Assistant Professor of Cardiology. In 2013, Dr. Patel received the Robert M. Califf Faculty clinical research Award.
Currently, Dr. Patel is leading an effort to redesign the delivery of care to patients undergoing invasive catheterization procedures in the health system with a specific aim of measure and providing individualized, patient centered, innovative, and efficient care.
Education and Training
- Fellow in Cardiology, Medicine, Duke University, 2002 - 2006
- Fellow in Cardiology, Medicine, Duke University, 2000 - 2001
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- M.D., Emory University, 1997
- Congestion Phenotypes and Splanchnic Nerve Modulation in Chronic Heart Failure
- Radiographic imaging Validation and EvALuation for Angio iFR (ReVEAL iFR)
- Postdoctoral Training in Cardiovascular Clinical Research
- ID-076A301; SOS-AMI; Multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous self-administration of selatogrel for preventi
- AEGIS II
- Is Heart Failure with Preserved Edection Fraction the Symptomatic Manifestation of Liver Disease
- BEST-VIVA Registry (vCLI)
- Shield II
- Enhanced X-ray Angiography Analysis and Interpretation Using Deep Learning
- SPYRAL OFF MEDS
- SPYRAL-HTN-ON MED
- Characterization of Patients with Heart Failure and Patients with Vascular Disease and Atrial Fibrillation in PCORnet Data
- "Heart Failure & Comorbidities Analysis from the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2020: Integrating Data into Clinical Practice in the Era of COVID-19."