I have a strong interest and research background in the study of dysregulated B lymphocytes, B cells, that characterize clinical disease such as autoimmune disease and humoral immune deficiency. My current research projects are aimed at the study of humoral immune deficiency, specifically common variable immune deficiency or CVID and the dysregulation of B cells in the generation of lymphoma and autoimmune disease.
Other ongoing research projects include characterizing the molecular and cellular events that cause a common disease, chronic idiopathic urticaria or CIU and rare disorders idiopathic anaphylaxis and idiopathic angioedema.
Education and Training
- Fellowship in Allegy and Immunology, Niaid, National Institutes of Health, 2003 - 2006
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Northwestern University, 1999 - 2002
- M.D., State University of New York - Buffalo, 1999
- BluePrint Medicines KIT D816V BLU-SM-1101 Evalute the prevalence of the KIT D816V mutation i peripheral blood of patients with evidence of systemic mast cell activation
- Clinical Trial Subcontract - Abatacept for the treatment of Common Variable Immunodeficiency with Interstitial Lung Disease (ABCVILD)
- HAE Outcome Study. An observational, non-interventional, study of patients with Hereditary Angioedema in the United States and Canada.