Eight Department of Medicine faculty members have completed the Leadership Development for Researchers (LEADER) Program, which is designed for junior faculty who are leading a research group and driving their own research agenda.
The course provides insight into leadership and team building as well as direction on how to develop and manage a scientific laboratory or research program, how to improve productivity, and how to harness creativity and innovation.
The program was developed to bridge the gap between the scientific expertise that led individuals to a career in academic medicine, and the management skills that will be required to succeed as the leaders of small business units.
Faculty in the program are competitively selected to participate. Department of Medicine graduating faculty are (pictured top to bottom and left to right):
- Sonali Advani, MBBS, MPH, Infectious Diseases
- Arthur Baker, MD, MPH, Infectious Diseases
- Stephen Greene, MD, Cardiology
- Jessica Ma, MD, General Internal Medicine
- Jennifer Rymer, MD, Cardiology
- Brian Sullivan, MD, Gastroenterology
- Kai Sun, MD, Rheumatology and Immunology
- An-Kwok Ian Wong, MD, PhD, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine