The Biomarkers Shared Resource is a component of the laboratory of Dr. Virginia Kraus.
This shared resource assists investigators with the design and implementation of molecular and protein assays to evaluate biochemical and inflammatory markers. In addition this shared resource specializes in analyses of joint tissue metabolites.
- Training and education in biomarker analysis techniques
- Advice in sample management and preparation as well as to the design for optimizing biomarker analyses
- Biospecimens for pilot analyses to determine species specificity and feasibility of specific biomarker analyses
- Collaboration: The Kraus laboratory maintains a strong interest in advancing the qualification of biomarkers for clinical use and welcomes any inquiries concerning potential collaborations to further this aim
Manager: Janet Huebner, MS
Office phone: 919-681-6703
Genome Science Research Building I (GSRB1) - Room 1043
905 S LaSalle St
Durham, NC, 27710
The list of analytes below represents some of the many biomarkers that can be analyzed in a variety of body fluids (serum, plasma, synovial fluid, urine) and multiple species through this Shared Resource.
- Cytokines (single- and multi-plex)
- C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Type II collagen (synthesis and degradation)
- Cartilage Oligomeric Matrix Protein (COMP)
- Hyaluronan (HA)
- Keratan sulfate (KS)
- Type I collagen degradation
- Alkaline phosphatase:
Glycated serum albumin
*This does not represent an exhaustive list so inquiries are welcomed to discuss capabilities to meet the needs of the individual investigator.