We require three letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and USMLE transcript. We do sponsor J-1 and H1b visas for selected applicants. Completion and passing of all three USMLE steps are required before the start of training.
All applicants interested in training at the Duke Nephrology fellowship training program will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or national origin.
- July 2023 Fellowship applicants can start submitting applications via ERAS
- Late July 2023 Fellowship programs start receiving applications via ERAS
- Late August- October 2023 Interviews conducted
- November 2023 Rank Lists due to NRMP
- November 29, 2023 MATCH DAY
- July 1, 2024 Fellowship begins
How Will You Be Notified of an Interview?
Applicants will be notified by email (the one denoted on their ERAS application) directly from the program director. This email will contain several possible interview dates to choose from.
Can I Request Specific Faculty Members to Interview With or Specify Specific Interests Before the Interview Day?
Yes. We encourage applicants to reach out if they have specific interests. This will ensure your interview day will be high yield.
Structure of a Typical Interview Day
Interviews are conducted from Late August to October during the interview season. Interview days are typically Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week and will all be held virtually via Zoom.
- interview with faculty
- meet with program directors
- ample time to spend with fellows
- virtual day in the life and tour of our program, experiences, research opportunities.
- ABIM requirements for certification in Nephrology
Duke Health Links
For additional information, please contact:
Program Contact, Duke Nephrology
Contact Information for Graduates
Duke University Hospital
Nephrology Fellowship Program
External/Physical Address: 2 Genome Ct. Durham, NC, 27710
Interoffice/Mailbox: Box 10315
Durham, NC 27705
Fax: (919) 385-9379
Attn: Marianne Drexler, Program Coordinator
Selective Service System Registration