We require three letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and USMLE transcript. We do sponsor J-1 and H1b visas for selected applicants. Completion and passing of all three USMLE steps are required before the start of training.
All applicants interested in training at the Duke Nephrology fellowship training program will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or national origin.
- July 7, 2021 Fellowship applicants can start submitting applications via ERAS
- July 21, 2021 Fellowship programs start receiving applications via ERAS
- Late August- October 2021 Interviews conducted
- November 17, 2021 (9:00pm ET) Rank Lists due to NRMP
- Dec 1, 2021 (12:00pm ET) MATCH DAY
- July 1, 2022 Fellowship begins
How Will You Be Notified of an Interview?
Applicants will be notified by email (the one denoted on their ERAS application) directly from the program director. This email will contain several possible interview dates to choose from.
Can I Request Specific Faculty Members to Interview With or Specify Specific Interests Before the Interview Day?
Yes. We encourage applicants to reach out if they have specific interests. This will ensure your interview day will be high yield.
Structure of a Typical Interview Day
Interviews are conducted from Late August to October during the interview season. Interview days are typically Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week and will all be held virtually via Zoom.
- interview with faculty
- meet with program directors
- ample time to spend with fellows
- virtual day in the life and tour of our program, experiences, research opportunities.
- ABIM requirements for certification in Nephrology
Duke Health Links
- American Society of Nephrology
- National Kidney Foundation
- American Society of Transplantation
- American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology
- Renal Fellow Network
- Nephrology Journal Club (NephJC)
- AJKD Blog
For additional information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Duke Nephrology
Contact Information for Graduates
Duke University Hospital
Nephrology Fellowship Program
External/Physical Address: 2 Genome Ct. Durham, NC, 27710
Interoffice/Mailbox: Box 10315
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: (919) 684-8703
Fax: (919) 681-3011
Attn: Tisha Quinn
Follow Duke Nephrology on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube