The Research Quality & Data Integrity Review a self-assessment tool for Department of Medicine investigators to evaluate a research team's efforts to follow the guidelines of the Science Culture and Accountability Plan.
This tool is meant to help you evaluate how well you and your research team are meeting the DOM-SCAP guidelines (which apply equally to basic science, clinical, and translational research).
The Department of Medicine requires each faculty investigator engaged in any research, including laboratory based or clinical, to complete the Research Quality & Data Integrity Review. Any investigator who serves as a PI of an IRB study or as PI of a laboratory based research group is expected to complete this survey and use this tool to enhance your research processes.
- Before completing the form, you should engage the members of your research team to assess how well you are protecting the integrity of the research process and results.
- Download a PDF version of the assessment so you can review the questions before starting the review.
- After you complete the assessment, you should use it to guide improvements upon your research practices as a group.
- The form asks you to upload the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document that guides data management in your laboratory or research team.
- See the Good Clinical Practice Study Documentation page for guidance on the best practices related to documentation.
The review is an online form that takes 10-20 minutes to complete.