Duke Sarcoidosis Program
Sarcoidosis is a complex disease that can involve multiple organ systems that can progress to organ failure without proper treatment. Pulmonary sarcoidosis is the most common but sarcoidosis can affect the heart, skin, eyes, brain and kidneys as well. Duke has a dedicated sarcoid clinic that provides comprehensive expert evaluation, treatment and follow up for patients in all phases of sarcoidosis.
What makes us different
- Multidisciplinary Approach. Our team works together to manage all complicated cases and facilitate management without delay.
- WASOG recognition: Recognized by the World Association for Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Diseases as a Sarcoidosis Clinic.
- All specialized state of the art diagnostic testing under one roof
- Access to new medications through cutting edge research and clinical trials
- Duke has the region’s largest heart and lung transplant center that supports patients with end stage sarcoidosis.
- Access to remote virtual consultations through Duke Health Second Opinion program