We hope to provide you and your family with the best medical care possible. Your feedback and advice are always welcome. A few small but important contributions on your part will help us tremendously in delivering quality care.
- If you cannot make a scheduled appointment, please call the Clinic Appointments Hub at 919-620-5300 as soon as possible so that they can reschedule that time for another patient and make a new appointment for you. Remember, if you are more than 20 minutes late you may be asked to reschedule depending on availability of your provider.
- Always carry your medical coverage information with you when you go for any medical appointment, ED visits and hospital admissions. This will enable us to provide more effective service to you and your family.
- Please keep us up-to-date on your address, email and phone number(s) including an emergency phone number and next of kin contact information. This will greatly improve our communication with you.
- Try to be seen for general medical problems by your PCP and in the sickle cell clinic for sickle cell related issues, whenever possible. We discourage using the Emergency Department for routine care and health maintenance. The ED does not offer comprehensive services and should be reserved only for emergencies that develop outside of clinic days or severe complications that cannot be managed in the day hospital or clinic.
- You are encouraged to keep your appointment with referrals. If you cancel or do not show more than 3 times, it is extremely difficult to reschedule you in and it puts your health at risk.
- You are strongly encouraged to sign up for Duke My Chart. This allows you the ability to request refills and access lab results, appointments and contact providers. There is an app available for My Chart as well. See front desk staff in clinic for more information.
Remember, the Sickle Cell Center is here to serve you and your family. If you are happy or unhappy about something we are doing, please let us know. We will continue to do everything we can to meet your needs. Contact us by email at DASC@duke.edu.