The Duke Emergency Department has a website designed as an educational resource to support clinicians in their care of children and adults living with Sickle Cell Disease. Click here to learn more.
The Sickle Cell Information Center website has resources for patients and families, healthcare providers and more. Click here to learn more.
The American Society of Hematology and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have pages dedicated to Sickle Cell Disease with resources and information.
Learn about the Office of Minority Health and the Human Resources and Services Adminstration's Sickle Cell Disease Training and Mentoring Program (STAMP).
In the News
From NPR: "Sickle Cell Patients Endure Discrimination, Poor Care And Shortened Lives"
- Sickle Cells' Coverage for SCD Summit: August 31, 2021, from 12:00pm to 4:00pm EST
- Fireside Chat with Dr. Ify: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:00pm EST
- Weekly Webinar Series Hosted by ASTCT & NMDP on Transplants to Treat SCD
- Referring Patient with SCD to Transplant: September 7th, 9:00am EST
- Decision Making and Preparation for Transplant: Sickle Cell Patients and Clinical Perspectives, September 15th, 11:30 AM EST
- 9th Annual Sickle Cell Conference: September 24-25, 10am - 12pm EST
- Strides of Hope for Sickle Cell:
- Virtual 5K Walk/Run: September 25 - October 2
- In person 1 Mile Warrior Walk: October 2, 2021, 10 am EST