Duke GI is actively involved in clinical research that translates to advances and improvements in clinical care for patients with digestive diseases.
Areas of active investigation include:
- Chronic hepatitis C infection: Andrew Muir
- Fatty Liver Diseases: Manal Abdelmalek, Cynthia Moylan, Anna Mae Diehl
- CRC screening/surveillance: Deborah Fisher, Dawn Provenzale, Ziad Gellad
- Endoscopy/Imaging: Paul Jowell, Rebecca Burbridge
- Esophageal Disorders: Ziad Gellad
Duke GI investigators are also experts in Clinical Research study design and methodologies such as: