The Department of Medicine and Internal Medicine Residency Program are committed to the success of our trainees and faculty. We begin helping you early in your training.
Our training pathways, early focus on advising and mentoring along with a coach, and opportunities for research along with resources available through Duke School of Medicine and Duke University, set us apart.
Resources for research
- Mentored resident research projects are supported during all years of training, with guidance from the associate program director for resident research and scholarship
- Faculty Resident Research Grants and Stead Resident Research Grants provide research funding to residents up to $2,000 per proposal and are offered every spring and fall of each academic year, respectively
- Annual Resident Research Grand Rounds and the presentation of the annual research prizes for residents, the Califf Medicine Resident Research Awards, take place in May of each academic year
- Clinical-Investigator Training Track
- The Robert J. Lefkowitz Society for MD and MD/PhD post-graduate trainees in the Duke Internal Medicine Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Read about all the resources to support your research career at Duke
Duke University Medical Center Library and Archives
The Medical Center Library and Archives offers 24-hour access to Duke Medicine badge holders, online access to journals and support from librarians.