Applications to the Duke Cardiac Ultrasound Certificate Program will be accepted through Duke University's online platform. If you have any questions, please contact Richard Palma, program director, via email at Richard.Palma@duke.edu or by calling 1-860-794-2227.
Materials needed for application:
- Official transcripts - College
- Two letters of reference – one professional and one personal
- Completed online application (link is below)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
Please send a check made payable to Duke University to the following address:
Duke Cardiac Ultrasound Certificate Program
c/o Richard Palma
40 Duke Medicine Circle
DUMC Box 3290
Durham, NC 27710
- Applications due – May 1
- Interviews (virtual or in-person depending on pandemic restrictions) – June
- Notification of Acceptance - July
- Matriculation – Beginning of September
- Graduation – End of August
Please note: A background check is required as part of the acceptance process.
CCI/ARDMS rules indicate that they may take action against an applicant, candidate, or registrant in the case of conviction, plea of guilty or plea of nolo contendere to any crime. If you are presently charged with, or been convicted or found guilty of or plead nolo contendere to any crime (felony and/or misdemeanor), other than a speeding or parking violation, you may have questions concerning this rule and may wish to obtain clarification as to how it pertains to your circumstances.
Rules may be found at the following websites: